Group Commercial Analyst
The JPL Group incorporates Prouds the Jewellers, Angus & Coote and Goldmark stores throughout Australia with over 470 stores and 5,000 team members nationwide. As Australia's largest family owned jewellery retailer, we pride ourselves on high standards and drive for success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business/Commercial Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and this role will work closely with the leadership team and regional retail management.
As an integral part of the business, the Commercial Analyst is responsible for providing timely, efficient and quality financial and merchandise analysis to senior management and regional retail management. The role will have two key focus areas of retail and inventory/merchandise in addition to general commercial analysis and support in a fast paced environment.
- Management and supervision of 1 direct report.
- Providing timely, efficient and quality financial and merchandise analysis to senior management and regional retail management.
- Retail analysis and reporting including sales forecasting and analysis, post sales discount and promotional analysis, wages and rostering and employee sales productivity.
- Inventory and merchandise analysis including category margin analysis, excess and slow moving inventory reporting.
- Involvement in establishing and setting inventory budgets and store grading setting.
- Reporting and assistance with the allocation and distribution of inventory.
- Involvement in preparation of annual financial budgets.
- Proactively providing feedback and recommendations for systems, financial analysis, reporting and policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- CA or CPA qualified desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar roles within retail or multi-site business. Retail industry experience is highly regarded.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to present clearly, effectively and insightfully to key business stakeholders.
- Self-starter with ability to challenge current methodologies and make recommendations on process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to present and communicate outcomes from detailed analysis in a clear and concise manner commensurate with target audience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Power Query, Power BI and Macros together with advanced modelling skills are essential.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and manage competing deadlines with excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work as a part of a team as well as individually.
- Experience working with merchandising planning systems not essential but highly regarded.
- Experience using Business Intelligence systems is highly regarded.
You will be confident and effective with communication, and have the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels. If this sounds like you, then please apply now!
- Pay Type Salary
- Summer Hill NSW 2130, Australia