Energy and Electrical Engineer
In this exciting opportunity, the successful candidate will bring in their electrical, renewable energy, building controls and energy management systems knowledge to advise on energy and electrical engineering projects and activities to support City and our partners in achieving sustainability targets. As part of the CIMS Energy and Engineering team, the Energy and Electrical Engineer will be instrumental in delivering energy performance management services (energy monitoring, benchmarking and optimisation) and providing technical advisory.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engage with various stakeholders (Engineering, Project Management, Technicians, BMS Administrators, Recoveries, etc.) within City and externally to identify, develop and implement energy consumption and demand reduction projects
- Investigate and resolve Energy Event exceptions identified by the City Energy Management System (Spark+) and other analytical tools
- Provide input in design and documentation of electrical projects, including development of scope of work packages for sub-contractors to quote required works
- Perform technical analysis and provide feedback/recommendation to Partners on project opportunities
- Identify, analyse and recommend improvements for building systems and operations and maintenance strategies, including HVAC, lighting, controls, and related processes/systems.
- Develop additional analytical tools required to identify energy wastage, optimisation opportunities or to report on energy/sustainability performance.
- Provide strategic advice to clients on future building technologies and review and provide technical advice on design/tender/as-built documentation to ensure alignment with Partners’ requirements
- Coordinate and/or perform site audits as required
- Develop high quality comprehensive reports and business cases comprising of detailed engineering and energy modelling, financial analyses, operational modelling, project costing, and total lifecycle cost analyses for projects.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders including field workforce (technicians), State Maintenance Managers, Store Managers to gather supporting information for resolving energy events and validating assumptions
- Maintain and update detailed records of Energy Event analysis in required format for auditing and update and maintain databases with relevant store energy attributes, ongoing projects which may affect the store energy profile
To be considered for this role you will have / be:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar, ideally underpinned by an industry recognised accreditation
- Solid experience or equivalent in the engineering/energy management field
- Proven track record in working on engineering design, auditing, and energy optimisation projects and activities
- Knowledge of electrical, renewable energy, building controls and energy management systems
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in application of, relevant Australian Standards and regulatory/legislative requirements
- Experience in data analytics, regression analysis and proficient in the use of PowerBI and Excel (intermediate/advanced preferred)
- Solid experience in client service and report writing
- Sound analytical thinking and engineering judgement, with an ability to think creatively in designing solutions
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to liaise with all levels within the organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- A team-first mindset, and willingness to advance your own and others’ growth
- Valid Driver’s Licence
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia